Join the World Hockey Hub team and create digital content for the world to see
Digital Content Creator
We are on the lookout for a talented, hungry and motivated digital content creator with a diverse range of experience across a variety of media platforms.
Who You Are:
Our ideal candidate should have 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in a digital media setting, can demonstrate strong multi-tasking skills, and must possess an expert attention to detail. The ideal person will have a deep passion for ice hockey, strong writing skills, eye for creativity and ability to manage multiple social media channels. If you like working with passionate people, using technology to solve business problems, have experience working with sports and hospitality clients, and are passionate about collaborating with a team, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to the World Hockey Hub digital media director.
- Research, publish, update and maintain the World Hockey Hub world rankings year-round.
- Includes monitoring stats, scores, trends, etc., of youth hockey leagues worldwide in the U.S., Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and Europe.
- Create blogs, graphics, video and other content focusing on the world rankings, and promoting the website.
- Create, execute and maintain a social media strategy and calendar for World Hockey Hub channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, YouTube and Discord.
- Taking an active role in social media channels, engaging with other users, looking for news stories and content to be repurposed for World Hockey Hub properties.
- Conduct interviews with coaches, players and other prominent figures in the youth hockey space.
- Write compelling 500-800 word blog posts that cover various newsworthy topics in the youth hockey space such as player and coach interviews, opinion pieces, new products, tournament recaps and other topics as assigned by the digital media director.
- Basic website editing and maintenance using WordPress and Beaver Builder tools.
- Actively research youth hockey at various levels to harvest new stories and content for the website.
- Conduct monthly and yearly reporting of social media and website performance.
- Some travel may be required to cover major youth hockey events.
- Other duties as assigned by the digital media director.
- BS or BA degree in marketing, journalism, communications or a related field, or Digital Marketing Certification equivalent.
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience – agency preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and other various social medias.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency with GSuite.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Basic understanding of WordPress.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, passionate about ice hockey, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
A competitive salary range of $40-50k (commensurate with experience), full benefits, including 401k, medical and dental insurance. A dynamic, collaborative team environment, with growth opportunities and profit-sharing bonuses. The ability to expand your experience, grow your skill set and learn from a team of marketing veterans who have seen and done it all in a variety of industries.
Who We Are
IOI Ventures is a fast-growing marketing and sales optimization firm that works with small and medium-sized businesses and organizations that are looking to optimize efforts, scale their businesses, and generate revenue through data-driven digital marketing strategies and tactics. We typically act as a plug-and-play marketing arm, supporting all the marketing efforts for a business, including strategy down to the execution and reporting. IOI has partners across a wide variety of industries, from service industries like youth sports and hospitality, to professional athletes and musicians, consumer goods companies and nonprofit entities.
World Hockey Hub is the No. 1 resource for everything youth hockey. News, events, rankings, tournaments and more from around the world. WHH is everything coaches, players, parents and fans need, all in one location. Lots of websites provide insight into regions of the country or specific leagues, but nobody is equipped to break global news like WHH. We’ve got our finger on the pulse of breaking news and elite-level events in youth hockey. We also tap into a trusted network of experts across North America, Scandinavia, Central Europe and Russia. This allows us to identify top prospects and teams from junior-aged athletes (16-17-18-year-olds) to first-year AAA players at the 10-and-under age groups.